Better than chicken nuggets and gluten free!
4 chicken tenders
1-1/4 cup rice cereal "pockets," such as Rice Chex
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup melted butter or oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine rice cereal, onion powder, thyme, salt, and pepper in food processor. Pulse until ground to desired coarseness.
- Transfer cereal mixture into shallow dish and stir until well mixed.
- One at a time, dip chicken tenders in melted butter or oil and then place chicken in dish with cereal mixture. Flip until all sides are covered with mixture.
- Place coated chicken onto baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F. Flip chicken over and continue baking for an additional 10-15 or until chicken is cooked through.
Edit: Since I originally posted this recipe I've given away my food processor (I bought a Vitamix blender. Love it BTW! So away went the old blender and food processor). I discovered that crushing the rice cereal with a potato masher in a shallow bowl is just as successful. Just thought I'd add that little bit of info. Enjoy!