I don't want to toot my own horn...but...these muffins are AWESOME! My kids were begging for more after their taste test tonight. My hubby loved them too.
This zucchini and carrot muffin recipe is egg free, dairy free, soy free, and nut free. Gluten free flour could easily be used to make these gluten/wheat free as well. Also, you can use three eggs in place of the water and egg replacer, if you don't wish to make these egg free.
6 tablespoons warm water
4.5 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer (click here)
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
3 cups flour
1 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1-1/2 cups raw zucchini, grated
1/2 cup raw carrot, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat water, egg replacer, sugars, and vanilla.
- Stir in next 6 ingredients, through cinnamon.
- Stir in zucchini and carrots.
- Add to greased or paper lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean, at 350 degrees.