Is it possible to make it through October without eating massive amounts of pumpkin foods? I don't think so. So, I bring you today.....Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes! Because it's October. :) This recipe is gluten free, egg free, and easily dairy free as well.
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
3 tablespoons water
1-3/4 cups milk or milk substitute
1 cup pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking mix
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
dash of salt
2/3 cup chocolate chips (can use dairy free chocolate)
- In a small bowl, stir together ground flax seed and water. Allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- In medium sized mixing bowl, combine milk, pumpkin, oil, and vinegar. Mix well.
- In large bowl, combine xanthan gum, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Add ground flax seed mixture to wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter onto a hot oiled skillet. Flip to heat on both sides until cooked through.