1 cup rice cereal "pockets", such as Rice Chex
1/3 cup brown rice flour or gluten free baking mix (use more or less, depending on how crunchy you want your crust)
1-1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 ground black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 salmon fillets, boneless and skinless
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine cereal, flour, dill weed, salt, and pepper in food processor or blender and grind until coarse.
- On flat dry surface lay out wax paper. Pour crumb mixture on to wax paper.
- Coat shallow baking dish with oil.
- Dip salmon into oil in dish, covering all sides.
- Roll salmon in crumb mixture.
- Place coated salmon in baking dish then flip over so that both sides are covered in oil.
- Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Recipe inspired by Salmon with Matzo Crust from Better Homes and Gardens Magazine.