NOTE: According to our allergist, cooked tomatoes are less allergenic than raw tomatoes. If you are concerned about a tomato allergy please check with your doctor before you try the following recipe.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 teaspoons minced garlic
1-1/2 lbs ground extra-lean turkey
3/4 cup water
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
salt and pepper
1 (15.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained
1 (15.5 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained
1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan.
- Add chopped onion, bell pepper, and garlic pan, saute 3 minutes.
- Add ground turkey to pan, stirring to crumble.
- When turkey is fulled cooked, stir in water and next 9 ingredients (through diced tomatoes). Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cilantro.